Within the vsearch.pbl file, there are some ways to edit/control the conditions:
targs <- ["O","X"] foils <- ["U","D","G","C","Q"] foilcolor <- MakeColor("white") searchsize <- [10,20,30] numtargs <- [0,1,5] targcols <- ["white","green"] reps <- 5
The design will fully cross search targs, size, numtargs, targcols, and reps. So by default, we have 2x3x3x2x5=180 trials. Foils should not include any of the targets.
 Data Output
Example data output:
sub,trial,time,numtargs,size,targchar,targcol,stim,resp,corr,rt1,rt2 3,1,2843,1,20,X,green,XGUCQDUQGDCGQCUDQGUD,1,1,1041,1231 3,2,6008,1,30,X,white,XGUDCQUDGCQUDQCGUGCQDUDQCGUCGD,1,1,950,1138 3,3,9213,1,30,X,green,XUCQDGDUQGCUCQGDQDGCUGQDCUDCQU,1,1,488,1107 3,4,11891,1,10,X,green,XQUCDGUQDG,1,1,520,933 3,5,14197,5,20,O,green,OOOOOQGDCUQGCDUGUCQD,3,1,562,885 3,6,16582,5,30,X,green,XXXXXQGUDCQUDGCDUCQGUQCDGDGCQU,4,1,1280,698 3,7,19786,5,20,O,white,OOOOOGDCQUCQUDGDQUGC,3,1,488,1287 3,8,22435,0,20,X,white,DGUCQGUCDQCUDGQGDUCQ,0,1,492,2122
- sub: subject code
- trial: trial number
- time: absolute time, in ms, when the trial started.
- numtargs: how many targets appeared
- size: How many stimuli were on the screen
- targchar: the target charactr
- targcol: the target color (foil colors were always white)
- stim: list of all the stimuli that appeared, including targets (locations are not saved)
- resp: response made; 0='none'; >0; a target (number indicates which target)
- corr: whether the response was correct
- rt1: time to click (search time)
- rt2: time to respond after click (move mouse to target)
Treisman, A. (1985). Preattentive processing in vision. Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing, 31(2), 156-177.