Two column addition
Two-column addition task: add three two-digit numbers.
Located at twocoladd/twocol.pbl
Instrumentation variables at the top available to control:
- The number of practice trials (10)
- total trials (45)
- isi (5 ms)
- time limit per trial (15 sec)
These are changed near the top of the file:
numPracticeTrials <- 10 numTrials <- 45 isi <- 5 gTimeout <- 15000
 Data Output
Data is saved to file twocol-<gsubnum>.csv. Columns are:
sub cond trial num1 num2 num3 sum resp corr toolong clicks starttime firstclick completetime
- sub: subject code
- cond: practice vs. test
- num1,num2,num3: three numbers to add
- sum: the total
- resp: the answer given
- corr: whether this was correct
- toolong: whether itwent beyond the gTimeOut
- clicks: how many keypresses were made (including backspaces)
- starttime: the absolute time (in ms) that each trial started
- firstclick: how long it took in ms) to make the first keystroke
- complettime: how long it took (in ms) to make the entire response (including firstclick time)
- Ekstrom, R.B., French, J.W., Harman, H.H., and Dermen, D. (1976). Manual for kit of factor-referenced cognitive tests. Princeton, N.J.: Education Testing Service, pp. 115-117.
- C. E. ENGLUND, D. L. REEVES C. A. SHINGLEDECKER, D. R. THORNE, K. P. WILSON, F. W. HEGGE, (1987). UNIFIED TRI-SERVICE COGNITIVE PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT BATTERY (UTC-PAB) I. DESIGN AND SPECIFICATION OF THE BATTERY. REPORT NO. 87-10; DTIC Docmuent a182480. http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a182480.pdf
- Fielder, J. (2010). EEG Study of Learning Effects across Addition Problems. Internal Report: US Army Aberdeen Test Center, Aberdeen, MD (2010).
 To Cite
Mueller, S. T. (2012). The PEBL Two-column addition test. Computer software retrieved from http://pebl.sf.net.